This post is also available in: Romanian
As a child, I was taught to appreciate the benefits of a healthy breakfast which can help me throughout the day. Usually, I try to eat a lot of vegetables, fruits, or any foods that give me energy and make me feel good. I hate that feeling of fullness. So I try to focus on different food combinations easy that I can prepare the very well. At the same time, I like tasty breakfasts that are helping me to keep my silhouette. I wish I could have the time to eat them each morning.
Most of the time, I cook breakfast only, so I take care to add to my shopping list all the ingredients for it. That is why today I thought ti share with you some delicious recipes, easy to prepare, that any of you can be prepared in a very short time, before work. Generally, I do not have the time to cook very complex menus, so I think these recipes are perfect for people who rush sleepy early in the morning in the office. Two of the easiest and healthiest recipes that I prefer when I am in a rush are:
Greek yogurt with honey and walnuts.
- Cooking time – 5 minutes.
- Ingredients: 150g Greek yogurt bio, a tablespoon of honey, a handful of nuts.
- Method: Add the ingredients in the above order. This is all you must go for a quick and healthy breakfast. Hmm….so tasty!
Oatmeal with Fruits
- Ingredients: 40 grams of oat preferred to be organic, 300ml water or almond milk, one honey spoon and half teaspoon cinnamon, 150 grams blueberries, strawberries and half a banana.
- Instructions: Combine the oats and water/milk in a bowl for the microwave, keep it in the oven for 2-5 minutes until oats absorbed water/milk, then add honey and cinnamon topped with blueberries strawberries and banana.
Another recipe that I’m counting on when it comes to a more efficient and tasty breakfast meal is:
Egg, avocado, and toast.
- Ingredients: two eggs, two slices of bread, a small avocado, lime juice teaspoon parsley, grated cheese, sea salt, and pepper.
- Instructions: Cook bread and eggs after your preferences, peel and crushed the avocado the mix it with lime juice, salt, and pepper. Spread avocado on each slice of bread, place the fried egg on top with your favorite flavor. Serve immediately. Although it requires a longer time for cooking it this is one of the breakfasts which I wish I had every morning.
When I have more time I try a little more complex recipes, like the ones that I have already presented you above. For example:
Baked avocado with egg
- Ingredients: 2 avocados, small 4 eggs, herbs (dill and parsley), salt and pepper.
- Instructions: Preheat oven to 200 degrees, cut the avocado in half, remove the pit, and empty it inside with a spoon easy enough to enter the egg (I use very small eggs). Carefully, put the egg into the avocado. You can put it on a parchment paper or in a pan and directly in the oven. Plug in the oven for 10-15min until the egg is well done. After removing it from the oven, you can eat it with anything that you want.
The next recipe is a little more complex one and I usually cook this during weekends, when I feel the need of experimenting culinary things. I recommend you to try this recipe at least once so you can enjoy its taste and smoothness. I’m sure you’ve already done it before! For a special occasion when I choose to share breakfast with my boyfriend I don’t want to fail no matter what. So, here it is:
- Ingredients: 60 grams of Greek yogurt, half a banana mashed, 40 grams of oatmeal, one big egg, 15-30ml almond milk, half tablespoon baking powder 35g blueberries.
- Instructions: Be careful to have a hot and well-cooked pancake. Add all ingredients above except cranberries in a blender and blend at high speed until it completely grounds oats then add some blueberries in the batter 1-2minute leave few minutes until you have a good composition, then pour the composition into the pan until it reaches the desired size of the pancake. The pancake should be cooked until browned edges and bubbles begin to form on it. Turn the pancake and then let two more minutes on the fire. Put the pancake on a plate then serve. Enjoy your meal!
I hope that I’ve managed to give you some ideas for mornings breakfasts when you feel sleepy but you also want to try something tasty while being on the diet. Personally, I choose to experience as many recipes which usually become my favorites so I hope I have also managed to make you a little bit curious. I promise to return with other new and tasty recipes!
You could also read my Natural Juices Recipes that you could add to any breakfast.
Aspire to Inspire!